The Research Executive role is to provide support to the Research team and to manage day to day elements of the research process on key projects.
The role involves a considerable amount of respondent, client and supplier liaison and, as such, this position needs the maturity to establish an excellent rapport with senior people who we deal with, externally and internally. Gracechurch is a small consultancy and as such all staff are expected to adopt a flexible and adaptable approach to work. It means that the role is challenging and varied.
What we offer
- Experience of the market research and insurance industry, and exposure to range of clients, suppliers and insurance professionals.
- Formal and on the job training, with a focus on continuous personal development and learning.
- Being part of a team that works together and succeeds together.
- A salary of £20,000 per year, with 25 days holiday and after a 3-month probationary period, you will be eligible for enrolment into the company pension scheme (7% of Gross Salary) and access to the cycle to work scheme and a season ticket loan. A discretionary bonus (up to 10% of salary) is also available, subject to performance.
- A mixed mode working environment including at least three days in our Richmond (SW London) office.
Research Executive will be given responsibility for various aspects of individual research projects. This will vary according to the size and complexity of the projects but will generally comprise the following activities
- Ensure suppliers/ Associates adequately briefed and have all necessary materials to conduct fieldwork
- Deal with suppliers on projects to monitor fieldwork progress
- Conduct in-person telephone / video call semi-structured interviews.
- Review first few interviews received for quality control purposes and report any deficiencies/ areas for improvement back to senior directors or direct to suppliers
- Input to fieldwork monitoring process
- Deal with queries arising from fieldwork progress/ inform colleagues if any significant issues
- Provide reporting assistance and reporting on core benchmarking projects
- Manage data collection
- For qualitative projects ensure all write ups received and entered into relevant formats
- Quantitative projects check accuracy of data tables/charts (training to be provided)
- Conduct the first run of the analysis on projects. Develop a ‘story’ from the data, key themes arising from the research
- Work with senior staff/the entire team in analysis sessions to discuss provisional research findings and implications
- Build specialist knowledge though desk research/take the time to learn about key assigned specialist areas (e.g. insurance business classes) reading around the subject and attending relevant conferences and webinars, networking, trade body events and similar.
- Provide desk research and background insight to support pitches and projects
- Provide co-ordination and administrative support
- Working with consultants to generate support materials for workshops, retreats etc
- To write up interview and meetings and to provide first level of analysis and interpretation of these as directed
- To contribute creatively; ideas and thinking in brainstorming or client planning sessions.
Relationship to others
- Reports direct to Research Director
- Liaising closely with other with the small team of consultants and researchers
Qualifications, experience and competencies required
- Good communication, numerical and written skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Person must be a self starter – able to act on initiative and without close supervision.
The Gracechurch approach
Gracechurch is run according to an abiding set of core values:
Honesty & Integrity: (With ourselves and with our clients)
Adding Value: (Though our creative and innovative work)
Daily Client service: (Consistently meeting our clients’ expectations)
Seeing the Potential: (Providing the environment to grow)
Accountability: (Taking responsibility for actions)
Teamwork: (Working together with Team to achieve collective goals)
All team members are provided with clear objectives which are reviewed at least annually. These annual reviews include 360 degree feedback and are an opportunity to agree development and training goals. It is our core belief that all team members should be able to grow and develop in the role.
Please send a CV and short covering letter to: email@example.com